A common error message DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine displays while playing the games. A missing or outdated graphics card usually causes DX11 Feature Level 10.0 error. This problem can also occur when there is an issue with the DirectX file. You should not panic as DX11 Feature Level 10.0 is Required to Run the Engine error can be solved quickly.
Here are a few solutions you can try to solve DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine problem. These Solutions only work if your GPU supports Feature Level 10.0. So check your graphical card specifications before applying these solutions.
Fix 1 – Get the Latest Version of Graphics Card Driver
An outdated graphics card driver can also create the error. So you should update your graphics card driver or reinstall it. There are many ways to do so. The newer versions of Windows automatically install the drivers needed by your graphics card. Apply the following steps to update your graphics card driver:
1. Press Windows + R at the same time. It opens up the Run dialog box.
2. Type devmgmt.msc and then click on the OK button.
3. Click the Display Adapters category to see its contents.
4. Then, right-click on your graphics card. Select Update Driver from a list of options.
5. Click on Search automatically for updated driver software. Wait for some time. Windows check online for drivers. If it finds drivers, then wait until these are installed. Reboot your system.
Now check your system for the DX11 Feature Level 10.0 is Required to Run the Engine. If it still exists, then try the next solution.
Fix 2 – Run Application with the Dedicated GPU
Suppose we have two cards in our system. Then our system decides which GPU card will be used. It determines this by analyzing how many resources are required by the application engine. In the case of battery saving mode, the program may be started with an integrated GPU. The reason for this is that the integrated GPU uses fewer resources.
1. You can do it by setting the utility to Performance mode. It can also be done by uninstalling the software.
2. Right-click on game shortcut. Select Run with graphics processor option.
3. After that, choose your dedicated card. Check if DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine error resolves
4. If an error doesn’t appear, then return to this setting. Click on Change default graphics processor. It will set a permanent rule for the program in GPUs Control Panel settings.
Fix 3 – Install the Platform Update for Windows (KB2670838)
In the case of the Windows 7 operating system, it needs an additional platform update KB2670838. Only due to this update, it can enable DX11 Feature Level 10.0. Most of the time, it is considered as an optional update. But if you are getting DX11 related error, then download the KB2670838 platform update. After the update is installed, reboot your system.
Fix 3 – Repair the DirectX Runtime Environment
DirectX is a Windows API that allows you to run 3D software on your machine. The APIs present in DirectX rarely damage, but it is possible. DirectX End-User Runtime Web installer helps in this process. It repairs all DirectX files except the files from DX12. Apply the following procedure:
1. Right-click on the executable and select Run as administrator option.
2. Follow up all the instructions displaying in the prompt.
3. After that, download the DirectX Redist. Open this package to extract DirectX SDK files.
4. Now, open the executable DXSetup. Next, follow the on-screen instructions to re-install the components of DirectX.
Once the installation process is complete, restart your system. Check if the DX11 Feature Level 10.0 is Required to Run the Engine issue persists.
You can easily get rid of it by updating your system’s software and drivers. In some worst cases, you may need to update your version of Windows. To get a new graphics card also need to be done in some cases. Here we have discussed 4 solutions to solve this problem. These are the best Solutions to fix DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine error. Once the problem fixes, you can get back to your game.