How Old Would Marilyn Monroe be Today

Although her brief life, Marilyn Monroe left an indelible mark on many people and accomplished much.

She ranks among history’s most renowned figures, and her narrative remains popular to this day. Ana de Armas, star of The Gray Man and No Time to Die, plays Marilyn Monroe in the new Netflix film Blonde in which viewers are learning fresh insights about Monroe’s life.

Many people are curious about the film Blonde’s accuracy, from the specifics of Marilyn Monroe’s death and the subsequent handling of her estate to the age she would be today if she were still alive. In this section, we cover many of the questions you may have.

How Old Would Marilyn Monroe be Today

If She Were Still Alive Today, How Old Would Marilyn Monroe be?

If Marilyn Monroe were still living today, she’d be 96 years old. The American actress Norma Jeane Mortenson (born June 1, 1926 in Los Angeles County Hospital) was born a Mortenson.

According to Marilyn Monroe’s estate, the actress went by Norma Jeane before adopting her now-famous stage name in 1956. Celebrating Marilyn’s birthday on social media is a tradition that continues to this day, with many fans posting their favourite photographs or words from the actress to show their appreciation.

When She Passed Away, Marilyn Monroe was How Old?

On August 4, 1962, at the age of 36, Marilyn Monroe passed away at her home in Brentwood, Los Angeles. Coroner’s records indicate that she died from acute barbiturate poisoning (overdosing on sedative and sleep-inducing drugs).

Moreover, deputy coroner Thomas Noguchi ruled Marilyn’s death a suicide due to the fact that the amount of narcotics found in her system was far higher than the threshold for suicide. Next to Marilyn’s bed were many empty medication bottles.

The alert about Marilyn was reported by housekeeper Eunice Murray. On August 4 around dawn, she noticed Marilyn’s bedroom light was on but received no reaction. Monroe’s psychiatrist Ralph Greenson was called, and after breaking in through a window, he found the actress dead on the bed.

Marilyn’s doctor, Dr. Hyman Engelberg, announced her death at 3:50 a.m. The 60th anniversary of Marilyn Monroe’s death occurred on August 4, 2022.

The Final Resting Place of Marilyn Monroe.

In Los Angeles’s Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, Marilyn Monroe is buried in an above-ground tomb. In the cemetery’s Hall of Remembrances, her crypt is located at number 24.

Dean Martin, Gene Kelly, Farah Fawcett, and Natalie Wood are among the other famous people that are laid to rest here. Her burial site is open to the public, so fans can pay their respects in person.

Scott Shetler, of the blog Weird Travel Man, wrote about his trip in the cemetery and what he discovered about the crypt’s niche. Fans often leave lipstick kisses on the grave’s name plate, causing it to oxidise and wear out with time, thus it must be replaced on a regular basis, he added.

On August 12, 1962, four days following Marilyn’s death, her burial was conducted there. Baseball player and second spouse Joe DiMaggio orchestrated the event, with help from her half-sister Berniece Baker Miracle and manager Inez Melson.

As expected for such a well-liked celebrity, hundreds of mourners lined the streets outside the cemetery to pay their respects at the funeral.

To Whom did Marilyn Monroe’s Fortune go After Her Death?

Lee Strasberg, Marilyn Monroe’s acting coach, acquired 75% of her estate after her death. They “were like surrogate parents to Monroe,” as Lee and his first wife Paula put it. The remaining 25% went to New York-based psychiatrist Dr. Marianne Kris, who the singer credits with being a turning point in her understanding of her own mental health struggles.

It was reported in a 2012 interview, “She felt that [Kris] was really helpful and empathetic. To her surprise, she discovered that [Kris] was actually assisting her in making sense of her own experiences.

Anna, Lee Strasberg’s second wife, auctioned off many of Marilyn’s most recognisable belongings through Christie’s after his passing. In 1999, the crystal-embellished gown Marilyn wore to wish President John F. Kennedy a “happy birthday” fetched more than $1 million at auction.

For around $600,000, pop sensation Mariah Carey bought Marilyn’s baby grand piano, which had belonged to her mother. This article (from which the Netflix film is adapted) discusses why Marilyn’s money may not be as large as you might think.

“She became famous around the globe, but that’s not a good name to have. There is one who raked in dough for a lot of guys but didn’t keep much for herself “”I was telling Variety,” she reportedly said. “When she passed away at the age of 36, she left behind insufficient assets to cover the costs of a decent burial.”