A lot of users are complaining that Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch in Windows 10. Users try to run executable multiple times. Even after that, they are not able to launch the game. Here in this article, we will discuss some of the reasons behind Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch error. We will also suggest some of the methods to solve Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch issue.
Fix 1 – Verify the Game Files
Specific game files might cause the problem. All the game files are necessary for launching the game. If one of the game files is missing or corrupt, the problem will occur. To fix this issue, you need to verify the game files. Follow the steps given below:
1. Open the Origin Client and sign in to your account.
2. From the left pane, click on My Game Library option.
3. Now, right-click on Dragon Age Inquisition and choose Repair Game.
4. The client will start to Verify the game files.
5. Afterwards, it will automatically download missing files. Also, the corrupted files will be replaced.
6. Run the game and check if the Dragon Age Inquisition not launching a problem resolves or not.
Fix 2 – Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
Many games do not support the latest version of Windows. So we should try to run them in compatibility mode. To do so, follow the steps:
1. Open the game installation folder. Then, Right-click on the Dragon Age Inquisition executable.
2. Select Properties and Click on the Compatibility tab.
3. Now, click on the Run Compatibility Troubleshooter option.
4. Windows will itself detect the best OS required to run the game in compatibility mode.
5. Now, click on Try Recommended Settings and choose the options Test.
6. Save the changes and exit.
Launch the game and check if the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch issue still exists.
Fix 3 – Run Dragon Age Inquisition in Compatibility Mode
As we all are aware that Windows 10 is the latest Operating system so, it still has to resolve some issues, which you encounter while playing the game online. To resolve this problem you can go through the given mentioned steps:
1. First, you need to go to the folder where all your games are located that is the Game Installation or you can simply right-click on the game icon and choose to open the file’s location.
2. Now, you have to choose the game file which is executable. Then you have to go to Properties.
3. After this, you have to go to the Compatibility tab and then click on the Run button.
4. Lastly, just try to run the game now in order to ensure that the issue has been resolved.
Fix 4 – Set Execution on Antivirus
Nowadays, almost everyone has a computer or a laptop. But it is equally important to keep your computer in a proper and safe environment. So, to serve this purpose we have the Antivirus. It is mainly used to detect threats or bugs in your computer and how to solve them. It also helps the users to keep the unnecessary file or Trojans from affecting your computer. We have mentioned the steps below:
1. Firstly, you need to open the Start menu on your computer.
2. After this, you should search for Settings and then click on updates and Security. The Windows Defender security center should be right open in front of you. Then you can simply search for the virus and threat protection option and then switch to settings.
3. Now, you have to click on the drop-down list and search for Add or Remove exclusions, which you will find under the Exclusives option.
4. At last, you just have to press the icon that is next to “Add an exclusive” and then navigate to the heading “Folder”, after this you are done as you just have to select the desired game from the Select Folder.
Fix 5 – Give Administrative Privileges
Sometimes, Windows 10 blocks the game from accessing certain services, files or folders. This may be the reason behind the problem. To override this Dragon Age Inquisition won’t start issue, grant administrative privileges to the game. For that, apply the steps given below:
1. First of all, open the game installation folder. Then, right-click on the game executable.
2. Select the Properties option. Now, navigate through the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run as Administrator option.
4. Run the game and see whether the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 6 – Reinstalling the Direct X and VC Redist
There is a chance that Direct X and VC Redist files in your system are corrupted. In such cases, we need to perform re-installation. Here are the steps for re-installation:
For Direct X:
1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist using the file explorer.
2. Now, run the DXSetup.exe and replace the previous versions.
For VC Redist:
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc.
2. Run all the VCRedist.exe executables present inside the folder.
Restart your computer and check if the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch error persists or not.
Fix 7 – Run A Clean Boot
A service running in the background is one of the leading causes of this problem. It may be a third-party application running on your computer or a Windows service. Both of these prevent the game from launching and functioning correctly. Apply the following steps for performing a clean boot operation:
1. Log in to the computer as an administrator.
2. Click on the Windows Search bar and type msconfig and press Enter key.
3. Click on Services and check the Hide all Microsoft Services option.
4. After that, click on Disable All option. It will disable all third-party services running in the background of your system.
5. Next, right-click on Task Bar and select the Task Manager option.
6. Navigate through the Startup tab. Make sure that all the applications are disabled. To disable a program right click on the program and select disable.
7. Now, Restart your system.
8. Rerun the game and check if the Dragon Inquisition won’t Launch issue still occurs.
Fix 8 – Update Graphics Driver
For the users to acquire all the latest features of the game, you need to keep updated and do the same for your Operating System (Example: Windows 10). So, for smooth and proper functioning, you need to keep your system up to date. Take a look at the following steps:
1. Firstly, you should go to the Control Panel, and then look for the application that has a graphics card inside it. Not to mention, you can also update your graphic card by managing the settings of the card.
2. Now, you have to press the keys, Windows + X. After this, you can go to the Device Manager option. Now, all you need to do is find Display Directors adapters option and you can update your driver by clicking right on the screen. Find the best automatic driver updating software.
Fix 9 – Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
The full-screen optimization feature of Windows may interfere with the game. This problem can be solved by disabling full-screen optimizations. Here are the steps:
1. Open the game installation folder.
2. After that, right-click on DragonAgeInquisition.exe.
3. Now, select the Properties option. Move to the Compatibility tab.
4. Check the option Disable Full-Screen Optimizations.
5. Click on Apply and then OK button.
Now, Run the game and check for the Dragon Age Inquisition won’t start problem solved or not.
These were the best six methods to solve the “Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch” problem. Read them carefully and then select the best method for you. Hopefully, these methods will help you to resolve the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch issue. If the problem is still present, then take the help of a technical expert.